Since the chocolate flavor of my Chocolate Sourdough Bread was not good enough,
I decided to turn the leftover into something different.
I don’t know here in America, but a Rusk (cited from Wikipedia) is very famous in Japan.
Which reminds me I used to eat the Rusk every single day for my lunch when I was in high school.
At a co-op in my high school, they carried a cheap-yummy-Rusk, called “New-Rusk”.
This is it!
Hmm…this brings back my old memories :-)
Any kind of leftover Bread (Baguette is preferable)
The same amount of Chocolate and Milk
- Preheat the oven 280°F .
- Slice your bread into 1/2 inch thickness, set aside.
- Heat the milk until boiling, meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Pour the heated milk over the chocolate, mix well.
- Soak the sliced bread into the chocolate mixture and place them on the sheet tray.
- Bake for 3-4 hours.
- Ready to eat! Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.